- Make some letters upper and others lower case.
- Replace some letters with numbers like a zero for the letter “o” and an exclamation point to replace a lowercase letter L, the letter “e” or “a” can be replaced with an @ sign or some other symbol. Use your imagination.
- Typically the more characters you use the better.
- You can take a common password and use a childhood phone number on the end or at the beginning.
- Do not keep a file on your computer called Passwords. If your computer is ever compromised it will be easy to find. You might want to keep a file and use password hint phrases rather than using the actual password. Something like “first car and childhood phone number.” is one example.
- Do not share passwords with others. This is especially true if you use the same password across the board. If your password is hacked for your email account then your banking account is also at risk if you use the same password.
- Do not click links that look suspicious on websites or in your email. This might seem obvious but you would not believe how often I hear a client did this and got hacked.
- Do not save passwords for banking information using your browser password keeper. Again, if your computer is compromised so is your banking information.
- If you use an App on your smartphone to access sensitive information make sure you also password protect your phone.
This is the first post for We Who Served. This project has been nearly 3 years in the making. The first thing we had to do was open our website hosting, domain name and email website. See it here. It is Veteran Owned and backed up by one of the world’s largest providers. We also created 2 other websites that we are keeping for our Resellers. Resellers can sign up for membership and get the opportunity to start their own company or work with us at a discount rate.
The first Veteran organization we are donating 50% to is the 193rd Special Operations Wing Association. See the WikiPedia article on the unit at this link. You can see the Association website at this link. The 193rd Special Operations Wing Association is a 501 non profit organization. Your payment is 100% tax deductible under advertising for your business. We then give 50% of that to Veteran organizations or directly to Veterans in need depending on the circumstances and need.
In addition to the directory listing on this website, businesses will also get a listing on the 193rd Special Operations Wing Association website as a Sponsor. The 193rd has GSU’s (Geographically Separated Units) throughout Pennsylvania. Membership is over 2,000!